Clare Valley Veterinary Services has cared for pets and production animals throughout the Mid North of South Australia for more than a decade.
Its current owners, Dr Louise Lehmann and husband Jason, took over the Clare clinic on April Fool's Day in 2007 and a month earlier, set up the Jamestown clinic, servicing clients as far as the Flinders Ranges.
Despite its inauspicious starting date, CVVS has thrived under the Lehmann's watch, growing to three full time veterinarians, four full-time veterinary nurses and two part-time nurses working between the two clinics.
It is a genuine mixed practice, caring for 65% small animals and 35% large animals. The team treats an array of animals, including cats, dogs, guinea pigs, rabbits, horses, cows, sheep, alpacas, pigs and goats. It also provides free assistance to injured wildlife brought into the clinic.
As a rural practice, CVVS is proud to offer a full range of services from vaccinations and desexing to orthopaedic surgery, in-house blood testing, ultrasounds and digital x-rays. This one-stop-shop facility means you avoid the hassle of travelling for your pet's treatment.
CVVS provides a 24 hour emergency service, 365 days of the year and also opens its Clare clinic on Saturday mornings.
When you get to know the CVVS team, you'll learn that each staff member has a natural affection for animals, many with their own brood of pets at home. Their aim is to provide the best level of care for your animal and they look forward to getting to know you and your animal over your pet's lifetime.
We aim to:
- Maximise the health and productivity of all animals in our care
- Abide by the highest professional and ethical standards
- Assist our farmer clients grow the profitability of their business
- Provide a caring and happy environment for our clients and staff.
- Vets on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for emergencies
- Digital Xray Processing (allows us to e-mail specialist surgeons / refer cases if required)
- Saturday morning clinic
- Puppy pre-schools
- Grooming services
- In house blood testing
- Ultrasound equipment for small animal cases and large animal reproduction
- Website links to allow appointment enquires and reminder updates
- Johnes and Brucellosis accredited veterinarians
- Herd health programs
- Bovine, equine, camelid and canine breeding services
- An experienced and qualified team of nurses willing to assist you in general enquires as well as nutrition, flea and worm control.